The Silverstone Experience (TSE) is a Community Benefit Society (Silverstone Heritage Ltd (SHL)), and is independent of Silverstone Circuit.
Based at the entrance to the world-famous motor racing circuit, the new attraction is situated in the last remaining Second World War hangar at the venue. This building and the land on which it sits have been gifted to the charity by the British Racing Drivers’ Club (BRDC).
The charity’s vision to celebrate Silverstone’s fascinating history has now become a reality thanks to the Heritage Lottery Fund who awarded SHL a grant of £9.1 million in December 2016 to develop TSE.
Silverstone Heritage Ltd is governed by a board of eight trustees:
- Ian Titchmarsh, BRDC Member, Chair of Silverstone Heritage Ltd
- Lord Beaverbrook, BRDC Board Member
- John Grant, BRDC Chairman
- Dr Kevin Moore, CEO Humber Bridge Board and Chair of Sporting Heritage Network
- Christopher Newns, Founding Director of Avercet Property
- Stuart Pringle, Managing Director of Silverstone Circuits Ltd
- Sally Reynolds, CEO of The Silverstone Experience
- Professor Jean Williams, Professor of Sport, University of Wolverhampton
- Victoria Worpole, Director of Collections, Exhibitions and Learning
TSE enjoys the Royal Patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales. Prince Harry has expressed his support for the project, especially the opportunity to recognise the part Britain has played in motor sport historically and also the vital role British expertise plays in the modern era.
He is keen to draw attention to this contribution as a means of encouraging more people into engineering and ultimately the sport in the future.
Register for updates
Get our latest offers, news and events straight to your inbox.