Learning is fundamental to the mission of The Silverstone Experience. We aim to inspire the next generation of engineers by engaging young people in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) subjects
The Silverstone Experience will welcome schools to the Home of British motor sport from June 2019.
School groups can explore the 4000m2 exhibition that will take them on an exciting journey through the past, present and future of Silverstone and British motor sport. Learn about engineering and technology that has changed the world of motor sport in our Technology Lab before exploring part of the retired circuit and see what’s racing around the track that day.
Young people can take part in one of our STEM workshops to suit all ages and abilities that link to key stages in the national curriculum and support learning outside the classroom.
Average dwell time on site is approximately 4 hours (includes exhibition entry, space for lunch, access to our outdoor track trail and viewing area, and a curriculum workshop).
What is included in your school visit?
– Entry to The Silverstone Experience with accompanying self-led activities to guide you through the exhibition
– Free entry to the Heritage Track Trail allowing your pupils to explore a retired section of the Grand Prix circuit and see what’s racing around the track that day
– Free teacher tickets – 1 for every 5 primary students and 1 for every 10 secondary students
– Free coach and minibus parking
– Free teacher planning tickets for 2 teachers to visit us any time before the trip once payment has been made
– Free access to a designated school lunch space for that all important packed-lunch
– Free resources for you to use in the classroom before and after your visit
Prices start from £7.95 per pupil